Skill set of all opera singers:
- social drinking
- coming up with really awful album names for themselves.
4. Guessing how much dairy is in things.
5. stocking medicine cabinets
6. personal drinking
7. Finding Sexual Innuendo in any music theory term.
9. Practicing through your tears.
10. long-ass travel for short-ass auditions
11. Disturbing friends, family, and coworkers with vocalises
☾ fucking breathe || 2 + hours of music to help you calm down after a panic attack.i. those to come - the shins ii. greendale is where i belong - ludwig gorranson iii. kisses and cake - john powell iv. moon river - audrey hepburn v. the predatory wasp of the palisades is out to get us! - sufjan stevens vi. to build a home - cinematic orchestra vii. chantiers navals 412 - lj kruzer viii. pacific rim theme - music box version ix. up all night - oliver tank x. falling asleep with a book on your chest - lullatone xi. wind forest - my neighbor totoro xii. sea of love - cat power xiii. such great heights - iron wine xiv. flower garden - howl’s moving castle xv. can’t help falling in love - fleet foxes xvi. i will follow you into the dark - music box version xvii. holocene - bon iver xviii. boats and birds - gregory and the hawk xix. the breaking of the fellowship - lord of the rings xx.howl’s moving castle theme - music box version xxi. skinny love - birdy xxii. flesh and bone - keaton henson xxiii. never play - emily & the woods xxiv. morning talk/supersymmetry - arcade fire xxv. to your health - keaton henson xxvi. blinsided - bon iver xxvi. wolf trap motel - husky rescue xxviii. i don’t like it like this - the radio dept. xxix. help you breathe - oliver tank xxx. feel real - deptford goth lxi. child i will hurt you - crystal castles lxii. the departure - gattaca lxiii. i was lost without you - mass effect 3 lxiv. saturn - sleeping at last
- Donate money to have those arrested in Ferguson released on bail. These people belong on the streets, especially at a time like this.
- Send a note of condolence to the family of Michael Brown. Let’s not forget the tragedy that started this.
- Donate to the Michael Brown Memorial Fund. This is an official fundraiser run by the Brown family’s lawyers. They are going through so much, lets make sure at the very least it isn’t a financial burden.
- Help get people on the ground. There are activists and reporters who want to do their part and get to Ferguson. Donate and get them there. I am so far aware of Zellie Imani, Zak Jemmott, and JR Valrey (a reporter for SF Bay View).
- Donate to the Ferguson Youth Initiative.The children of this community deserve better than to be gunned down. Make sure they get that in the future.
- Feed the children of Ferguson. Many children in America rely on school to get their meals and thanks to the civil unrest caused by the police, the children of Ferguson have been without school since Monday. These people want to make sure that doesn’t mean anyone is going hungry.
- Find a National Moment of Silence in your area. If one doesn’t exist, start one. Share this experience with others. Solidarity is important.
- Keep awareness up. Not just among the like-minded people on tumblr, this is something everyone needs to be aware of.
- Spread accurate information. There is a lot of distortion going on here and spreading every piece of information as it is reported only makes that worse. First and foremost make sure you are listening carefully, then share what is important and relevant.
If you are aware of any good causes or ways to help that I have missed, please reblog and add them.
This is a fund set up for the people who have been arrested while protesting in Ferguson. Please donate if you can and share widely. This is concrete action we can take to support the people of Ferguson. Also please call your local representative and let them know you do not agree with what’s happening. Here’s a script and a way to find the contact info for your local reps.
Please signal boost.
I’m having a rough time of it this morning for a lot of reasons but I’m just using this moment of quiet to send out all my love and support to anyone reading this. There’s been a lot of terrible stuff happening and I hope you are taking care of yourselves tumblr people. Take care of yourself and have a good safe weekend.
oh shiz I did not see this ask until just now!
And oh man I am feeling you so much right now book-friend. Thank God I was able to get my excellent and perfect friend m-azing to read it so that I had someone to spray all my feelings over.
I’m so glad you agree about Suraj and Hailee, they are too perfect and pretty and every day that there isn’t a the Golem & the Jinni movie/tv show/miniseries is a day that I die a little bit more on the inside.
ok here’s the deal chickadees.
If all goes well I’mma be moving in 6 weeks and while I love having a ridiculous amount of material possessions I cannot reasonably expect to hold on to or move all my shit.
And in general I’ve had good luck finding places to sell old books/cds/dvds but I have a bit of a conundrum.
In my possession are 9 extremely well loved Terry Pratchett books that I care too much about to simply recycle, as well as 3 ASoIaF books, one Chef Autobiography, and the only Anne Rice book you will ever EVER need to read. They’re not falling apart but not in nice enough condition to sell or donate to a library (basically bent spines and roughed up covers). I want to share these books with someone who will love them as much as I’ve loved them, who doesn’t mind getting them slightly worn.
Would anyone in the New York City area be interested in any of the following books (cut for space), if you are then message me and we can agree on a time/place for pickup and they’re yours.